- Model NO.: PTMS4450
- Maxcapacity: <1000KN
- Load Way: Electronic Load
- Display: Digital
- Weight: 500-1000Kg
- Trademark: SUNS
- Origin: P. R. China
- Type: Impact Testing Machine
- Accuracy Grade: 0.5
- Loading Method: Dynamic Load
- Control: Computer Control
- Power Source: AC380V
- Specification: Frame dimensions 2400X800X2200mm
1. FeaturesFT series pendulum impact testing machine is a new generation of pendulum tester independently developed by SUNS, which is used to test the specimen's impact resistance under dynamic loading,satisfied with impact absorbing energy test, pendulum raising angle test, energy loss and continuous impact frequency test, it is widely applied into the manufacturers of metal, quality control of products, institutes and colleges, etc.
This machine has following features:
1. Main frame is founded with the base, with good rigidity and steadiness.
2. Operation is further simplified by quick changing of Charpy fixtures and pendulum, rotating a few screws can achieve the impact energy changing from 150J to 750J.
3.SUNS unique technology, ensure the device work continuously and stably,fully meet the impact test in large quantities;
4. Position the pendulum at any angle, impact at any angle. meet the research needs of some researchers.It meets the Izod impact test method as well
5. Equipped with instrumented impact system,which fully meet the dual demands of production and scientific research.
6. Comply with the requirements of ISO148 and ASTM E23 test standards,the test can be carried out at room or low temperature environments
7. The pendulum won't release without the electronic security door closed, which can effectively protect the personal safety.
2. Applications and test methodFT series pendulum impact testing machine is used to test the specimen's impact resistance under dynamic loading,satisfied with impact absorbing energy test, pendulum raising angle test, energy loss and continuous impact frequency test.
2.1.1 GB/T 3808-2002
2.1.2 GB/T 229-2007
2.1.4 ISO R148-1998 <Charpy pendulum impact test>
2.1.6 ASTM E23-12c <Standard Test Methods for Notched Bar Impact Testing of Metallic Materials>
3. Structure and functions
3.1. StructureThis machine mainly consists of main frame, pendulum, hold and release device, drive system, energy display device, specimen recovery device, protective device, electric control system, automatically specimen feeding device, instrumented impact system.
3.2. Main components
3.2.1. Main FrameThe main frame is cast with the base, with good rigidity and steadiness. Front and rear column is symmetric, and pendulum is supported by freely supported beam, which ensures a simple structure with high machining precision, suitable for the large energy impact.
Main structure view
Round pendulum head design ensures a minimum effects of wind resistance and drag. Operation is further simplified by quick changing of Charpy fixtures and pendulum, rotating a few screws can achieve the impact energy changing from 150J to 750J.
3.2.3. Hold and release deviceThis device is used to hold and release the pendulum. The buffer unit can reduce the harm to this device caused by pendulum, ensure a high precision angle of elevation of the pendulum, and extend the working life of the machine.
Hold and release device
Double-reduction gearbox has a very simple structure with free-maintenance.
3.2.4. Drive system
3.2.5. Energy display deviceThis machine has two types of impact energy display. One is dial scale display, another one is LCD display. The two types of energy display can compare the collected data with each other, which avoid data error problem.
3.2.6. Specimen recovery deviceThe rotating rubber belt driven by motor collects the cracked specimen after impact. Equipped with full-closed enclosure with nice appearance, test in the closed space in the machine to protect the safety of operator. After impact, the recovery device can automatically judge and transport the qualified and unqualified specimen to different collecting box.
3.2.7. Protective deviceThe whole machine is full-closed by protective cover, which can avoid the cracked specimen flying out of the machine. The pendulum won't release without the electronic security door closed, which can effectively protect the personal safety.The protective cover is made of plexiglass and aluminium alloy frame.
3.2.8. Jaw assemblyThe jaw is used to hold the specimen and absorb the impact energy, and the anvil is used to fixed the jaws. And the jaws are separated from anvil, which makes the jaws changing very easy, the operator just need twist one screw out.
3.2.9. Specimen feeding device ( Optional )
Specimen feeding device
1,Functions of the device:
1 )Automatic specimen loading: The specimen holder can hold 20 pieces U type or V type specimens at one time. Press the specimen loading button, the system will automatically load the specimen and count them.
2) Specimen cooling: The device can be equipped with cooling system when low-temperature impact is needed. The cooling box is very close to the impact center, which ensures a minimum temperature fluctuation.
3) Automatic specimen feeding: After specimen cooling, this device will send the specimen to be impacted one by one, the whole test can be automatic.
2,Features of specimen feeding device:
1 )This device realize automatic impact test, and reduce the labor intensity. The whole test will be completed in the enclosure space, ensuring the operator's safety. And the whole process from cooling box to impact just takes about 10 second.
2 )The end-surface position ensures the specimen locating accurately, and a minimum temperature fluctuation of the notch.
- More powerful air cylinder and full integrity structure can avoid specimen stuck coursed by low-temperature specimen stick and other reasons.
- The cooling box has heating deicing system,ensures a dry environment in the box.
- Each machine has two specimen holder mounted at the specimen feeding system, which increase the efficiency of the test.
- Fault alarm system, such as machine stoppage, specimen cooling to the set temperature and so on
3.2.10. Instrumented Impact System ( Optional )
A measurement and control system for digital instrumented impact testing machine is specially used for pendulum impact testing machine.The system is designed by using virtual instrument technology,and has the functions of test and control.The system has beautiful operation interface,can run in common computers and can be operated conveniently.The main functions of the system include the motion control of impact pendulum,data acquisition,curve display,data storage and processing,etc.
This system can give the physics meaning and interpretation of material fracture in different stages of fracture by measuring the impact value, data acquisition and data analysis during impact, drawing energy curve, to provide detailed and accurate data for the study and analysis the behavior of the process.
Instrumented impact curve
This curve shows three characteristic value:
(1)Force value: General yield force Fgy, Max force Fm, Crack initiation force Fiu, Crack arrest force Fa.
(2)Displacement value: General yield displacement Sgy, Displacement at maximum force Sm, Crack initiation displacement Siu, Crack arrest displacement Sa, Total displacement St.
- Energy value: Energy at max force Wm, Crack initiation energy Wiu, Crack arrest energy Wa, Total impact energy Wt, Crack forming energy Wi(including: elastic deformation energy We, plastic deformation Wd ), crack growth energy Wp(including: stable crack growth energy Wp1, unstable crack growth energy Wp2)
- The following drawings are the Instrumented impact tests done by our FT series Pendulum Impact Testing Machine.,2
FT series Pendulum impact testing machines have two types of energy display, the dial scale display and LCD display. The whole test process from specimen preparation to test finish can be set in the LCD display.And the LCD has functions of device debugging, data storage and data inquiry.
3.2.11. Functions of LCD display
4. Technical solutions
4.1 Max impact energy: 150J,300J,450J,600J,750J
4.2 Raising angle: 150°±1°(Impact at any angle)
4.3 Moment of pendulum:
4.6 Specimen supporting anvils span: 40mm
4.7 Radius of anvil: 1~1.5mm
4.8 Angle of taper of anvils: 11°±1°
4.9 Radius of striker edge: 2~2.5mm(GB) 8±0.05mm(ASTM)
4.10 Angle of taper of striker: 30°±1°
4.11 Striker thickness: 12 mm
4.12 Specimen dimension: 10mm(7.5mm/5mm)×10mm×55mm
4.13 Frame dimensions: 2400X800X2200mm
4.14 Net weight: 1000 kg
4.15 Power source: 3-phase and 5- wire 380V±10% 50Hz 600W 10A
4.16 A port for instrumented test is reserved
4.17 Angular resolution: ≤0.1°
5. Equipment Configuration
|1||Frame||PTMS||Name: FT Pendulum Impact Testing Machine Frame|
Capacity: 150J, 300J,450J, 600J, 750J
1. Frame one set
2. Protective cover one set
3. Anvils assembly one set
4. Specimen recovery device one set
5. Control Box one set
6. Charpy impact fixture one set
7. Measurement and control system one set
8. Maintenance tool, Testing machine operation manual and software one set
|2||Pendulum||FB00832||150J||including impact striker one set||Must chose one|
|3||Specimen feed system||ADS180||Standard configuration:|
1. Specimen holder 2 set
2. Alarm device one set
3. Low temperature system port reserve
|4||Low temperature system||CDW-60-01S||Name: Independent Low-temperature Device|
Working temperature : RT- -60ºC
Cooling method: Compression refrigeration
|CDW-80-01S||Name: Automatic Low-temperature Device|
Working temperature : RT- -80ºC
Cooling method: Compression refrigeration
Used together with specimen feeding system
|CDW-100S||Name: Automatic Low-temperature Device |
Working temperature : RT- -100ºC
Cooling method: Liquid nitrogen refrigeration
|CDW-180S||Name: Automatic Low-temperature Device |
Working temperature: RT- -180ºC
Cooling method: Liquid nitrogen refrigeration
|5||Instrumented test system||Used for Steel Charpy V-notch pendulum impact test - Instrumented test method||Optional|
|6||Accessories||QTM3000||Name: Metal Charpy Notch Cutting Machine|
Charpy Notch Type: V, U2, U3, U5
Function: Inspect the notch
|7||Computer and printer||Lenovo M4360||G1610/2G/500G/DVD/17LCD/XP-home||Required|
|8||INST/TRAIN||Training and Installation in the company - 1-2Days |
One trained engineer
Training up to 5 staffs in Chinese
6. Working conditions1. Work at ambient temperature between 0ºC and 35ºC
2. Relative humidity can be up to 80%
3. Work on AC380V/50Hz,±10% , 800W,10A
4. Work without shaking and caustic medium around
5. Keeping space between 0.7 m and 1 m from PTM to other objects
6. Keeping neat and clean working environment
7. After-sales supportWarranty: one year from acceptance. And ever-green service. Ten years spare part supply. Free-of-charge for software upgrade.
After sales,we can send professional engineer to user's country for free installation and maintenance and training for 2-3 days. The customer should pay for cost of our engineer's travel expense, including round-trip ticket and accommodation in user's country.